Minwax Water-based wood effect works with wood’s tannins to produce a naturally aged look in minutes. Every piece of wood reacts differently, so every project is unique. Ideal for unfinished wood furniture, cabinets, doors, trim and molding.
- Accelerates the look of naturally aged wood in minutes.
- Reacts to bare or stripped wood, creating a unique look everytime.
- One coat application, dries in 1 hour.
- waterbased formula cleans up with soap and water.
|Application Tool:||Synthetic or foam brush|
|Location:||interior wood surfaces|
|Dry Time:||1 hour|
|Cleanup:||Soap & Water|
|Coverage:||150 sq. ft per quart|
|Coats:||One Coat color. To intensify color, a second coat may be added.|
|Recommended Uses:||Ideal for unfinished wood furniture, cabinets, doors, trim and molding.|
- Start with bare or stripped wood that’s clean and dry.
- For best results, start with a medium grit sand paper, and increase the grit as you go, finishing with #220 as final sand. Remove sanding dust.
- Test before applying on a hidden spot to make sure you like the effect.
- Stir product well before and occasionally during application. Don’t shake or thin product.
- Apply in direction of the grain. No wiping required.
- Product reacts differently with every piece of wood. Preferred wood species: Oak.
- Not recommended for large surfaces like floors due to fast dry time. Use Minwax® Wood Finish™ Penetrating Oil Stain for large projects.
- For a rustic look that will continue to patina with time – topcoat not recommended.
- For increased durability and protection while maintaining a rustic look, use polycrylic ultra flat.
Use only with adequate ventilation. To avoid over exposure, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches, or dizziness, increase fresh air, or wear respiratory protection (NIOSH approved) or leave the area. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash hands after using. Keep container closed when not in use. Do not transfer contents to other containers for storage.
FIRST AID: In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with large amounts of water. Get medical attentional if irritation persists. If swallowed, call Poison Control Center, hospital emergency room, or physician immediately.
WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.